Contradiction in Terms
You say to-may-toe; I say toh-mah-tah. Deal with it.
Monday, December 20, 2004

Today is Mudd Day.

Help! Does anyone know what this one is actually about?

bye design
In retrospect, it was probably a bad idea to name my blogpet after that real-life cat of mine that was heartlessly abandoned by my grand-aunt. Now, like its namesake, the blog cat is getting dumped, as it has failed to live up to its press. It was touted as something that would effectively 'read' my blog, and make comments in relation to it, but all it actually did was say things like "no change here" and "still the same". Oh, and make the same ten or so jokes over and over again. So, well, nice idea, developers, but until the cat improves, it has to stay outside the house, as it were.

Instead, here's a blinkie that amused me.

Meanwhile, I've finished another blog design, this one for Vin, who heroically suffered in silence with the old template, which I'm pretty sure was just not red enough for what he really wanted. I made his previous look back when I was just a baby at blog customization, so I'm pretty pleased now that I actually have the skills to make his blog all pretty and thematic-like.

Plus, it was a bit of a challenge to do, since men are usually harder for me to design for (You have to be careful to avoid--shudder--excessive girliness); and red is just a difficult color to work with if, like me, you favor a certain level of restraint in your design. I think it came out pretty nicely; you can check out My Life as a Bed here.

I'm really enjoying this design work, not least because it has actually helped me in both my professional copywriting and the occasional comics work. I find I'm able to think much more visually nowadays. Now, on to revamping Jonette's blog!
Nikki bit in at 11:15 AM :: ::
                give                
Double-click a word on this page to learn what it means.
                surf                 email

blogs

groups

Philippine Sites
LinksPhilippines

new

caveats


creative commons

Contrary to what the disclaimer says, you can ask me to design or revamp your blog, but there is a small associated fee.

This site is prettiest if you set your monitor resolution to 1024 by 768... but I won't hold it against you if you don't. Honest.

cred






illustration by El

Nikki Alfar is really not as sexy as El's illustration would have you believe... but she doesn't mind if you think of her that way.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines

class act/guttersnipe. tomboy/girly-girl. serious writer/comics hack. wife & mom/tart & tease. obssessive-compulsive/laid-back. sweetheart/bitch. all that.

shelf life

books, beauty, buzz

weather nixie

numbers

Who Links Here

etc.