Contradiction in Terms
You say to-may-toe; I say toh-mah-tah. Deal with it.
Saturday, November 27, 2004

Today is Pins and Needles Day.

No wonder Some People have been so prickly lately...

down here with the best of the rest
So there I was, happily reading Time magazine's 'Best of Asia' article, when it dawned on me that only one of the 'bests' mentioned was located in the Philippines. Around thirty-plus categories, mind you, and what did we get lauded for? Best destination for whale sharks. Not best hotel, not best shopping, not--as one might have expected--best beach. Heck, we didn't even rate 'Best Bowl of Ramen Outside Japan'!

I mean, sure, I think it's great that whale sharks can enjoy gallivanting unmolested just off our shores. But it's kind of disheartening to note that the one thing we're recognized for in the region, we didn't even put there.

Vexed in the City
I've completed my sister-in-law Jo's blog redesign! When she first asked me to set her blog up for her a few months ago, I had no idea that she would be such a prolific writer--or such a hilarious one! So the original design I made for her--with a narrow space for entries and a scholarly motif because she's taking her graduate studies in education--turned out to be all wrong for the actual content and personality of her blog. Now it's much more fitting, and much more fun, if I do say so myself. Check it out here.
Nikki bit in at 5:22 PM :: ::
                give                
Double-click a word on this page to learn what it means.
                surf                 email

blogs

groups

Philippine Sites
LinksPhilippines

new

caveats


creative commons

Contrary to what the disclaimer says, you can ask me to design or revamp your blog, but there is a small associated fee.

This site is prettiest if you set your monitor resolution to 1024 by 768... but I won't hold it against you if you don't. Honest.

cred






illustration by El

Nikki Alfar is really not as sexy as El's illustration would have you believe... but she doesn't mind if you think of her that way.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines

class act/guttersnipe. tomboy/girly-girl. serious writer/comics hack. wife & mom/tart & tease. obssessive-compulsive/laid-back. sweetheart/bitch. all that.

shelf life

books, beauty, buzz

weather nixie

numbers

Who Links Here

etc.