Contradiction in Terms
You say to-may-toe; I say toh-mah-tah. Deal with it.
Saturday, April 24, 2004

Today is ASTRONOMY DAY. Do you know where your stars are?


Sage online
I created a blog just for Sage, because it seems to me that she leads a life that's actually more interesting than most. After all, she literally learns something new nearly every day! Besides, it's a nice way to keep a record of her ongoing childhood, which is very important, not just for the obvious reasons, but if anything should ever happen to me, she'll have to depend on her father for stories of her youth. And as anyone well-acquainted with Dean knows, he's a brilliant man unfortunately cursed with the memory retention of a goldfish.


trivia offline
With apologies to its many devotees, my regular trivia quiz is temporarily going on hiatus. I realized it was actually making me reluctant to update, since that would entail bludgeoning my brain once again for a little-known topic of interest. I have kept it up mostly daily for over two months, so perhaps it's not surprising that my noggin is all wrung out. Never fear; it will be back once I've recovered, and sporadically till then whenever an item of intriguing trivia happens to occur to me.


answer to Thursday's question
The first known fictional detective was Auguste C. Dupin, featured by Edgar Allan Poe in his 1841 The Murders in the Rue Morgue. Mystery fiction's most famous sleuth, Sherlock Holmes, did not appear until 46 years later, in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's A Study in Scarlet.


super snoopers: Alex and Ron
Nikki bit in at 6:33 PM :: ::
                give                
Double-click a word on this page to learn what it means.
                surf                 email

blogs

groups

Philippine Sites
LinksPhilippines

new

caveats


creative commons

Contrary to what the disclaimer says, you can ask me to design or revamp your blog, but there is a small associated fee.

This site is prettiest if you set your monitor resolution to 1024 by 768... but I won't hold it against you if you don't. Honest.

cred






illustration by El

Nikki Alfar is really not as sexy as El's illustration would have you believe... but she doesn't mind if you think of her that way.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines

class act/guttersnipe. tomboy/girly-girl. serious writer/comics hack. wife & mom/tart & tease. obssessive-compulsive/laid-back. sweetheart/bitch. all that.

shelf life

books, beauty, buzz

weather nixie

numbers

Who Links Here

etc.