Contradiction in Terms
You say to-may-toe; I say toh-mah-tah. Deal with it.
Monday, January 26, 2004

trivia and testosterone
Just last week, a couple of my wonderfully well-meaning male friends were (a) congratulating me on making my trivia questions less Google-friendly, and (b) being protective on my behalf that some people might 'stoop' to using Google to get the answers to my questions. I found this pretty funny, because dudes! That is just so, you know, guy-like of you. For the record, I don't mind if people use search engines to find out the answers to the trivia quiz. In fact, I'm glad, because that way they potentially learn more than I can generally manage to fit in per post. After all, the point of my quiz is not to stump people with quixotic queries; it's all about learning and sharing interesting and obscure information. Honestly... men!


"Poor but perfect"...
... is how Buttercup described her love Westley in The Princess Bride. (Read the book; it's as fun as the movie.) It's also how I will be after I sign up for membership at Gold's Gym this afternoon. The price of fitness is daunting, but it will be worth it when I'm able to wear a tankini without shame, and when I've learned to kickbox. After all, I have to have something to be able to offer Miranda Zero when Global Frequency does come a-calling!


TRIVIA QUIZ
Where did the brassiere come from?


answer to yesterday's question
'Fesnyng' is the proper word for a group of ferrets. Other unusual group designations include: a shrewdness of apes, a sleuth of bears, a grist of bees, a clowder of cats, a quiver of cobras, a kine of cows, a float of crocodiles, a cowardice of curs, a skulk of foxes, a smack of jellyfish, a kindle of kittens, an exaltation of larks, a rhumba of rattlesnakes, a lamentation of swans, and a geek of fanboys. Okay, I made that last one up.
Nikki bit in at 12:21 PM :: ::
                give                
Double-click a word on this page to learn what it means.
                surf                 email

blogs

groups

Philippine Sites
LinksPhilippines

new

caveats


creative commons

Contrary to what the disclaimer says, you can ask me to design or revamp your blog, but there is a small associated fee.

This site is prettiest if you set your monitor resolution to 1024 by 768... but I won't hold it against you if you don't. Honest.

cred






illustration by El

Nikki Alfar is really not as sexy as El's illustration would have you believe... but she doesn't mind if you think of her that way.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines

class act/guttersnipe. tomboy/girly-girl. serious writer/comics hack. wife & mom/tart & tease. obssessive-compulsive/laid-back. sweetheart/bitch. all that.

shelf life

books, beauty, buzz

weather nixie

numbers

Who Links Here

etc.