Contradiction in Terms
You say to-may-toe; I say toh-mah-tah. Deal with it.
Monday, May 30, 2005

The Sundial Girl is Back!

Gabby asked me to revamp her blog, which was not the easiest thing in the world to do because she wanted scarlet and sunflowers; and red and yellow, from my perspective at least, are not the easiest colors to work with in tandem. (Though really it's my fault because I'm the one who went and asked her what her preferences were... I mean, I could just put up whatever the heck I want, but nooo, I have to be all "personal touch" about it. Damn me!)

Why do so many bloggers ask me for red templates? Do they know it's my second-least favorite color to work with? (After black; despite the fact that I'm perenially dressed in black, I find black blogs hideously discouraging to read.) Fully a third of all the blogs I've designed have had to be red, by owner preference. It's a conspiracy, I tellya.

Anyway, about a month ago I actually decided that Cams's blog (which she and I are still discussing) would be the last request I would do for free. Because it does cost me in Internet time, peoples! Which means that I actually ought to have charged Gabby, since she asked me after Cams did; but Gabby has been going through a lot of shit lately, and I figured that what a girl absolutely needs in her circumstances is a good makeover, whether literal or virtual.

So there you go, Gabs--think of it as my own HTML magic spell, meant to bring you strength and serenity, enhanced creativity (like you need it!) and laughter. Everybody else, check out Sometimes Sunlight.
Actually, Gabby kind of is paying me... in cake! Gabs, favorite flavors are lemon, mint, raspberry, and rum. Mango cream pie is good, too, mm.

Dear My Readers, should you want a Nikki-designed template of Your Very Own, the aforementioned "fee" is really only Php250, or the corresponding ISP Bonanza prepaid Internet card (which will save you a couple of bucks, and me the trouble of buying it). Email me, and I'll see if I can fit you into my schedule. And please put "Template design, please!" in the subject line so I don't think you're spam.

See? I'm really not all that intimidating. I actually have a kind and generous heart, only nowadays you have to pay me for it. Haha!
Nikki bit in at 4:18 PM :: ::
                give                
Double-click a word on this page to learn what it means.
                surf                 email

blogs

groups

Philippine Sites
LinksPhilippines

new

caveats


creative commons

Contrary to what the disclaimer says, you can ask me to design or revamp your blog, but there is a small associated fee.

This site is prettiest if you set your monitor resolution to 1024 by 768... but I won't hold it against you if you don't. Honest.

cred






illustration by El

Nikki Alfar is really not as sexy as El's illustration would have you believe... but she doesn't mind if you think of her that way.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines

class act/guttersnipe. tomboy/girly-girl. serious writer/comics hack. wife & mom/tart & tease. obssessive-compulsive/laid-back. sweetheart/bitch. all that.

shelf life

books, beauty, buzz

weather nixie

numbers

Who Links Here

etc.