Contradiction in Terms
You say to-may-toe; I say toh-mah-tah. Deal with it.
Friday, June 11, 2004

Today is KING KAMEHAMEHA THE FIRST Day.

It's kind of odd to realize that more than one person elected to call themselves 'Kamehameha'...


Amie's back!
Which just pleases me no end, which is a little odd considering that we hardly ever see each other in person (despite living in the same building, mind you). Most of our contact is carried on online, so really, distance doesn't make that much difference, but I'm pleased as punch anyway. And not just because Ed will be in a good mood while coloring our story for Siglo: Passion; and not just because Amie was gracious enough to bring me a box of fudge from England.


mmm, fudge
I happen to adore fudge, which is also a little strange since I'm not a huge chocolate fan. (Yeah, I can hear y'all gasping in dismay now.) It's not that I dislike it; I just happen to like other flavors more, like lemon and mint.


Fudge, though, breaks the pattern. I suspect this is attributable to the fact that my brothers and I used to make fudge in our childhood. We'd all crowd into our little kitchen, and my eldest brother Ronnie would hand out assignments: someone had to gather up the ingredients, someone had to whip the cream, Richard-- who was then the only competent cook among us-- had to handle the stove. As the youngest, I always got the honor of pouring in the chocolate chips; and as we waited for the finished fudge to cool, we'd all gather around the kitchen table to scrape the bowl and lick the mixture off our spoons and fingers.


This was back in the days when I thought my family life was idyllic, instead of the confused morass of resentment and surpressed anger it was later revealed to be. Things turned out okay in the end, but I suppose fudge just reminds me of a time when things were simpler and cozier, albeit considerably more ignorant.


Oh, well. Life is complicated, but fudge is yummy. Even when it's actually vanilla fudge.


Grammar and Punctuation: anyone vs. anybody
The words 'anyone' and 'anybody' are more or less interchangeable in practical use. Formally, however, 'anybody' means 'any person', while 'anyone' means 'any one person'.
Nikki bit in at 4:23 PM :: ::
                give                
Double-click a word on this page to learn what it means.
                surf                 email

blogs

groups

Philippine Sites
LinksPhilippines

new

caveats


creative commons

Contrary to what the disclaimer says, you can ask me to design or revamp your blog, but there is a small associated fee.

This site is prettiest if you set your monitor resolution to 1024 by 768... but I won't hold it against you if you don't. Honest.

cred






illustration by El

Nikki Alfar is really not as sexy as El's illustration would have you believe... but she doesn't mind if you think of her that way.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines

class act/guttersnipe. tomboy/girly-girl. serious writer/comics hack. wife & mom/tart & tease. obssessive-compulsive/laid-back. sweetheart/bitch. all that.

shelf life

books, beauty, buzz

weather nixie

numbers

Who Links Here

etc.