Contradiction in Terms
You say to-may-toe; I say toh-mah-tah. Deal with it.
Monday, June 06, 2005

Shatterbrained

(adj.) like “scatterbrained”, only rather more destructive


Things Only a Shatterbrained Eedjit like Me could Accomplish, part one:
The good news is: the wonderful editors of the upcoming Sawi anthology have selected one of my stories for inclusion in their book. I’m a genius!

The bad news is: when my hard drive crashed a few months ago, I lost a ton of my work, including the aforementioned story. I’m an idiot.

The really fortunate news of life-saving magnitude is that I’m pretty sure I can reconstruct said story if I just pummel my recalcitrant memory hard enough and tenaciously enough. But the point is: I wouldn’t have to go through this self-abuse if I just backed up my files like a person with an actual brain in my head instead of candy floss. Let this be a lesson!


Things Only a Shatterbrained Eedjit like Me could Accomplish, part two:
I misremembered the date on one of the postdated checks I issued for our rent. I thought it was for the 30th of June, but it cleared on the 1st, meaning that our budget for the next two weeks is shot, especially with Sage starting school on the 15th. I’m just lucky I don’t have the kind of husband who would blitz out on me over this sort of thing, because heck, I’m tempted to blitz out on me for this. I’ve always thought Dean is probably better than I deserve. But don’t tell him I said that.

Speaking of the Superb Spouse, check out his interview at Pinoy Book Reviews. I always find it strange that he sounds so see-ree-ious in these things, like an August Author or something. You’d never guess that he’s actually addicted to gossip magazines.


Oh dang, did I say that out loud? This shatterbrained phase has got to go!
Nikki bit in at 12:05 PM :: ::
                give                
Double-click a word on this page to learn what it means.
                surf                 email

blogs

groups

Philippine Sites
LinksPhilippines

new

caveats


creative commons

Contrary to what the disclaimer says, you can ask me to design or revamp your blog, but there is a small associated fee.

This site is prettiest if you set your monitor resolution to 1024 by 768... but I won't hold it against you if you don't. Honest.

cred






illustration by El

Nikki Alfar is really not as sexy as El's illustration would have you believe... but she doesn't mind if you think of her that way.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines

class act/guttersnipe. tomboy/girly-girl. serious writer/comics hack. wife & mom/tart & tease. obssessive-compulsive/laid-back. sweetheart/bitch. all that.

shelf life

books, beauty, buzz

weather nixie

numbers

Who Links Here

etc.