Contradiction in Terms
You say to-may-toe; I say toh-mah-tah. Deal with it.
Saturday, February 26, 2005

Today is For Pete's Sake Day.

And just so you know I know, the 'Pete' we're talking about in this idiom is St. Peter, meaning that one should consider one's actions in light of St. Peter's ability to bar one's entry through the pearly gates.

signage and branding
They put this sign up in the elevator of my condominium:
Tenants, unit owners, lessees and guests are requested to avoid excessive noise and unnecessary/offensive odors.
I guess this means that necessary odors are okay.

Meanwhile, I am lovin' Asia Brewery's Summit Clear sparkling water. I don't know if it comes in other flavors, but the white grape variety kicks ass. Somewhat disturbingly, though, the label tells me that it has no energy, no protein, no fat, no carbohydrates, and no calories. It is also sugar-free and caffeine-free, which makes it, like, the Emperor's New Drink, right?

Though probably that title should be awarded to the peach Vodka Teaser I foolishly tried last night, which was an experience similar to breathing vaguely peach-scented air on a really humid day. And paying a hundred fifty bucks for the privilege.

Which reminds me of what I'm always telling Andrew about his Winston Lights cigarettes: that smoking them is like having sex on a mountaintop. In other words, friends and neighbors, it's fuckin' near air.

Ah, I live to amuse you.
Nikki bit in at 3:37 AM :: ::
                give                
Double-click a word on this page to learn what it means.
                surf                 email

blogs

groups

Philippine Sites
LinksPhilippines

new

caveats


creative commons

Contrary to what the disclaimer says, you can ask me to design or revamp your blog, but there is a small associated fee.

This site is prettiest if you set your monitor resolution to 1024 by 768... but I won't hold it against you if you don't. Honest.

cred






illustration by El

Nikki Alfar is really not as sexy as El's illustration would have you believe... but she doesn't mind if you think of her that way.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines

class act/guttersnipe. tomboy/girly-girl. serious writer/comics hack. wife & mom/tart & tease. obssessive-compulsive/laid-back. sweetheart/bitch. all that.

shelf life

books, beauty, buzz

weather nixie

numbers

Who Links Here

etc.