Contradiction in Terms
You say to-may-toe; I say toh-mah-tah. Deal with it.
Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Today is Health and Happiness with Hypnosis Day.

And you are getting sleeepier...

Hey, look at me!

Was bloghopping when I ran into the Abi-Station Illustration Maker. You just choose from their assortment of facial feature options and voila! You can make a portrait of yourself. (Or of someone else, but we all know how vain I am...) Actually I did try to make one for Dean, too, but it didn't turn out right, either because (a) I go around analyzing my face all the time, and thus know exactly what I look like, but not my husband whom I only see every day; or (b) I have a common face and he doesn't.  Well, he's a prince, after all, and I'm just a royal concubine.

Speaking of my picture, Dean's salon client wants to use me as their image model, probably because they gave me such a snazzy haircut when I was over there the other week (not to mention a free foot massage in their decadent massage room!). Of course, I suspect the other reason is that they can get me for dirt cheap-- since it's my husband's client, I'll do it for dinner some place nice, or something new to read. Sigh. Linda Evangelista would throw a fit...

TRIVIA QUIZ
Without breaking the eggshell, how can you tell if an egg is rotten or still good?

answer to Sunday's question
Although the months are supposed to correspond to the waxing and waning of the moon, there are actually 13 lunar months in a calendar year, since the moon goes through a full transit of its phases in four weeks, rather than 30 days. 13 moon transits times 28 days for each equals just 364 days, which means that there is one day per year that is not part of any lunar month or week. This 'Day Out of Time' is pegged at July 25, the one day every year that we supposedly "experience true freedom from fourth-dimensional time". Stick that in yer Eschaton Star!

tested by time: Alex
Nikki bit in at 9:54 AM :: ::
                give                
Double-click a word on this page to learn what it means.
                surf                 email

blogs

groups

Philippine Sites
LinksPhilippines

new

caveats


creative commons

Contrary to what the disclaimer says, you can ask me to design or revamp your blog, but there is a small associated fee.

This site is prettiest if you set your monitor resolution to 1024 by 768... but I won't hold it against you if you don't. Honest.

cred






illustration by El

Nikki Alfar is really not as sexy as El's illustration would have you believe... but she doesn't mind if you think of her that way.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines

class act/guttersnipe. tomboy/girly-girl. serious writer/comics hack. wife & mom/tart & tease. obssessive-compulsive/laid-back. sweetheart/bitch. all that.

shelf life

books, beauty, buzz

weather nixie

numbers

Who Links Here

etc.