Contradiction in Terms
You say to-may-toe; I say toh-mah-tah. Deal with it.
Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Today is Vesuvius Day.

Though I'm not exactly sure that's cause for celebration.

why the look went wonky for a while

Suddenly and somewhat stupidly, I belatedly realized that if I just shifted everything to the left and gave up some of my precious yet actually abundant white space, I could make the blog look nearly as good in 800x600. After all, according to my pretty new hit counter, 24% of my readers view in 800x600 resolution (among them Lisa, I figure). 66% view in 1024x768 (probably Alex), and around 10% view at some ridiculously high setting. (Said 10% is probably composed entirely of Amie's two-person household, 'cause she and Ed are just artsy that way...)

Anyway, since I like all the aforementioned people and want them to keep liking me, I valiantly sacrificed the white space. Then, of course, I had to modify this, and adjust that, and well, you know how it goes. It's not so much a tweak as it is a reorganization. Besides, I was always fairly left-wing in nature anyway.

Trivia Quiz
Why is dangerous to make faces at a dog in Oklahoma?

answer to yesterday's question
In no particular order, the six wonders of the world were: the hanging gardens of Bablyon, the gold statue of Zeus at Olympia, the temple of Artemis in Ephesus, the mausoleum at Helicarnassus (built for the Persian satrap of Caria), the colossus at Rhodes (made in honor of the sun god Helios), and the lighthouse of Alexandria. Only the great pyramid of Giza, built near the ancient city of Memphis for Pharaoh Khufu, has survived the ravages of time.

wonder-full: Ariel
Nikki bit in at 9:36 PM :: ::
                give                
Double-click a word on this page to learn what it means.
                surf                 email

blogs

groups

Philippine Sites
LinksPhilippines

new

caveats


creative commons

Contrary to what the disclaimer says, you can ask me to design or revamp your blog, but there is a small associated fee.

This site is prettiest if you set your monitor resolution to 1024 by 768... but I won't hold it against you if you don't. Honest.

cred






illustration by El

Nikki Alfar is really not as sexy as El's illustration would have you believe... but she doesn't mind if you think of her that way.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines

class act/guttersnipe. tomboy/girly-girl. serious writer/comics hack. wife & mom/tart & tease. obssessive-compulsive/laid-back. sweetheart/bitch. all that.

shelf life

books, beauty, buzz

weather nixie

numbers

Who Links Here

etc.