Contradiction in Terms
You say to-may-toe; I say toh-mah-tah. Deal with it.
Monday, March 15, 2004

Today is ACT HAPPY DAY. Yippee! Hooray! Huzzah!


Choose it or lose it.
Today being 'Act Happy Day', I'm reminded of a friend's complete misunderstanding of the saying "Happiness is a choice." He thought it meant, "Pretend to be happy, and some day you will be." Which is so off-base it's not funny. "Happiness is a choice" simply means: Be happy with the good things in your life, and actively work to fix the bad things.


That's my interpretation, anyway. I don't read self-help books because I think they're oxymoronic. I mean, if you could help yourself, why would you be reading the book, right? But I am the happiest person I know, so I mustn't be too far off. I know, I know, people will say it's because I lead this charmed life, but I have problems too. It's just that I approach them with my three-step philosophy: Change the situation, change your attitude toward the situation, or get out. True, life isn't always that simple. But you can be. Try it.


in the news today
A 'sex museum and nature park' recently opened in Shaoguan City, China. Split into six exhibition areas under twelve themes (including 'Sex in Phallism', 'Sex in Waters and Mountains', and 'Sex in Literature'), it is funded by an anonymous business grant and features such attractions as a penis-shaped stone, vagina-like caves, and 'breast rocks'. The park's head calls it a perfect integration of sexual culture and tourism.


I always thought Patpong was the perfect integration of sexual culture and tourism...


TRIVIA QUIZ
What do Sheb Wooley, Kyu Sakamoto, Carl Douglas, Dexy's Midnight Runners, and Sinead O'Connor have in common?


answer to yesterday's question
A grilse is a young salmon. Other interesting 'baby names' include: elver (a young eel), eyas (a young hawk), shoat (a young pig), squeaker (a young pigeon), and poult (a young turkey).


Grilse-d to perfection: Jason and Kate. Joint Smarty Parties: Jason and Vin. Yes, today is Jason Day!
Nikki bit in at 11:36 PM :: ::
                give                
Double-click a word on this page to learn what it means.
                surf                 email

blogs

groups

Philippine Sites
LinksPhilippines

new

caveats


creative commons

Contrary to what the disclaimer says, you can ask me to design or revamp your blog, but there is a small associated fee.

This site is prettiest if you set your monitor resolution to 1024 by 768... but I won't hold it against you if you don't. Honest.

cred






illustration by El

Nikki Alfar is really not as sexy as El's illustration would have you believe... but she doesn't mind if you think of her that way.
My Photo
Name:
Location: Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines

class act/guttersnipe. tomboy/girly-girl. serious writer/comics hack. wife & mom/tart & tease. obssessive-compulsive/laid-back. sweetheart/bitch. all that.

shelf life

books, beauty, buzz

weather nixie

numbers

Who Links Here

etc.